Latest QR Code Stats from Overseas
Here is a very interesting article from Scanlife
New York, NY – January 11, 2012 – Scanbuy, Inc., the developer of the ScanLife mobile barcode platform (www.scanlife.com), today released results from a quantitative study that illustrates high awareness and adoption of 2D barcodes among U.S. marketers across a wide range of industries. Representing more than 100 marketers from both large and small businesses in industries such as healthcare, retail and entertainment, the study showed that 50% of key decision makers are already using 2D barcodes as a part of their overall marketing strategy and 86% plan to use the technology in the future.
Conducted through uSamp’s SurveyBuilder platform that includes an audience of over five million panelists from around the world, the study reveals new data from the marketer’s perspective that can be used to gain a better understanding of current adoption rates, and how campaigns are being implemented and assessed. Additional results included the following:
2D Barcode Awareness & Adoption
* Difference in awareness of 2D barcodes between large and small businesses is relatively minimal with 95% and 89% respectively
* 61% report using open source code formats with QR Codes leading by a large margin at (45%), Datamatrix (16%), Microsoft Tag (14%), EZcode (12%) and Snap Tag (11%).
* Top three content choices that the codes link to include: product details, promotions and coupon offers
* Top three media placement choices included magazines and newspapers, direct mail and product packaging
Usage Scenarios & Features
* Of the 50% of respondents currently implementing 2D barcodes, the most important factors for a successful campaign include:
* The code format (e.g. QR Code) should be compatible with the largest number of mobile barcode scanning apps
* Access to analytics from the scans including basic usage and also demographics of user
* Ability to edit the code or access it at anytime from a web-based platform
* 69% of respondents reported using a paid 2D barcode service, while 39% reported using a free service
* When asked if they were happy with their experience, those that used a paid service were 50% more satisfied than those using a freeware generator.
Are you ready to utilize AR Codes
Contact QR Codes Australia Today
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- We’re winding down to the end of this sho...
- Today we are going to talk about how to integra...
- It’s time for your second lesson in the QR Code...
- Welcome to the first lesson in the QR Codes For...
- We all know about QR codes. Some black and whit...
- One of the most popular ways of using QR Codes ...
- Time Station uses QR Codes or pin codes to regi...